It may be an off-year in the presidential contest, but the 2022 election season in Nevada has major implications for the balance of power in the U.S. Senate and the trajectory of policy within the swingy Silver State. Democrats dominate now but are playing defense in a cycle expected to be less favorable to the party in control in the White House. Plus, new maps drawn through redistricting will introduce fresh dynamics for congressional and legislative races, and it’s unclear whether they will produce Democratic gains as designed.
Read more about our approach to covering elections here.
You can find our primary election results page here.
Find your local races
Enter your address below to find which candidates are running in your district.Did you know?
Nevada recently redrew district lines, so your voting districts may have changed since the last election.
Nevada Congressional Districts
Nevada Voter Registration over time
Key RacesBelow, explore the top candidates for each race. Click "Race Details" below to see all candidates running, or click on an individual candidate's name to see their position on the issues.
If you see any mistakes or missing candidates, please email [email protected] or [email protected].
Editor Elizabeth Thompson explains here how The Indy will cover campaigns and the 2022 election.
Our election coverage mission statement is available here.
- Mail ballots for the 2022 General Election must be sent out by Oct. 19, 2022.
- The last day to update voter registration and request a mail ballot is Oct. 25, 2022.
- Early voting for the general begins on Saturday, October 22 and runs through Friday, November 4.
- The 2022 Nevada General Election will be held on Tuesday, November 8.
- The last day for mail ballots to be received and counted by county election officials is Nov. 12, 2022.
- The last day for voters to "signature cure," or address any issue with the signature on their mail ballot,
is Nov. 14, 2022.
Compiled by The Indy's elections team, this newsletter rounds up the latest news and trends from the 2024 Nevada campaign trail.