Be an Indy Intern
Are you looking for a great journalism internship in 2021? Upcoming application dates are as follows:
Spring 2021 applications accepted through Nov. 13.
Internships will be available for both Las Vegas and Reno-Sparks to assist with daily reporting and special event coverage.
- Junior or senior status or at least one reference from a prior internship for a news organization
- Ability to work 30 hours per week
- Internet access and the willingness to work weekdays between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. (or until your planned story is filed) as well as some weekends (as required by events)
- A reliable vehicle and the ability to cover events when not in class
- Strong writing skills (a writing test may be administered)
- Strong Internet research and information-gathering skills
- Experience with table-building or working in Excel
- Willingness to do some data entry
- Ability to multitask or change directions from day to day without getting flustered
- Ability to self-manage and work independently
- Ability to generate story ideas
- Data journalism and/or info-mapping skills
- Experience in one or more data graphics platforms (like Google Fusion, Tableau, Infogram, etc.)
- Spanish language skills a big plus
Pay and benefits:
- Indy interns are considered independent contractors (a W-9 will be required, a 1099 will be issued)
- $10 per hour (detailed weekly invoice required)
Please send a resume, cover letter and writing samples to [email protected].